To be fortunate enough that you do not lose revenues due to loss of power, you must consider the following tips before buying a standby generator for your facility in Canada.
1.Define your Needs
Each generator has measurable watts. So, your first responsibility is to calculate the amount of power needed and consumed during power outage. In this regard, you need to make a checklist of all the prioritized appliances, which must connect with the generator. Then, for the compiled list, make note of the wattage required by each item. This would let you select the appropriate generator in accordance to required “rated watts” and “surge watts” of generator.
2.Decide the Type of Generator to Purchase
Now, eventually you can decide whether to buy a standby generator, a portable generator or, an inverter generator. This decision made should prevent irreplaceable damages, which may harm your brands’ reputation as well.
Emergency standby generators Canada are best for commercial domains, especially for health-care facilities, hospitals, and fire stations. So, to ensure uninterrupted supply to ventilation system in hospitals, elevators in offices, and other essentials; it is better to place them in your priority list.
For safety, prefer heavy-duty extension cords or better, a transfer switch that allows connecting with generator via single transferable cable.
However, if a generator has access to individual extension cords, it’s better to exclude it from your list.
Before finalizing your backup generator, there are few factors that needs your consideration:
Fuel Level Gauges
Number and types of Outlet
Circuit Breakers for Individual Outlets
Fuel Conversion Systems
Wheels and Pull Handles
5.Final Choice Based on Price
Lastly, the cost of the generator is what would decide the type and the brand you would purchase. However, it is better to negotiate for the price being a buyer but remember never to compromise the quality and your requirements for the cost, which you can bear.
Apart from these tips, there are certain technical requirements, which if considered can be more beneficial in your purchase.
- Wattage: Now, the size of Backup generator Canada depends upon your requirements. For better results, you should use a higher wattage generator, which lets power more to the items once.
- Engine: The capacity of engine is another vital factor, which depends on your power requirement.
- Runtime: Some people do not run the generators at full load all the time, so keep this in mind while determining and purchasing your power backup machine.
- Mobility: Flat free wheels, pneumatic wheels or, simply a carry handle.
- Starting: Generators are mainly available with either pull cord start or electric start – some even have remote electric starters. So, consider them in your checklist.
- Outlets: It is vital to ask the count of outlets on the generator because this decides the number of appliances you can connect to the device at the same time.
Overall, these tips are useful for purchasing a durable generator but it’s life also depends on the type of maintenance, which is equally important.